Not in any specific order, so here we go.
- I recognized that many dreadlocked men who come around me on a daily basis tend to look urban. I don’t have a problem with the urban look other than it is not my look or personality. I am the professional type. So I really started pushing the professional shirt and tie style towards the end of the year. I will continue this trend in the new year. It’s a good look.
- I noticed I have a huge problem with things that are deemed feminine in my mind, like clamps and head bands. Clamps are used primarily to hold a neat dreadlock style longer. I understand its purpose. However 2 years in the game and I cannot get used to the putting clamps in my hair. So in 2014 I am going to look at using no clamps and just water for a span of time. We’ll see how this goes. Headbands are just out.
- The length of my hair is an unmanageable, meaning it falls round my face and that I don’t have an answer for how to control it. I enjoy my growth. It is one of my daily highs but I realize that in 2014 I am going to invest in some styles that help accentuate the masculinity that I embody. Styles to come, pics to follow.
- My hair is brown. In the beginning my hair was black, I swear! I am not into color for my dreads and honestly black is preferred, however I have been told repeated that my hair is not as black as I once believed.
- I drive with the window up mostly because I am not a fan of my locs blowing from the wind.
- I haven’t worn a hat in over two years.
- I stare at small kids with locs. You would think with me having dreadlocks that I would welcome all newcomers but I don’t. There is something there that I think I disagree with when it comes to kids under 10 who have locs. I am going to have to blog about it to really understand what this thing in me is all about.
- I aspire to be an educator with dreadlocks someday. We all have fantasies. So in one of mine I see my dreadlocks as representing wisdom with a very stoic look. As time goes on they will become laced with grey and have definition that corresponds with my character. The thought of the preceding line makes me smile.
- I recalled in my 2012 things I remember post that I said I was going to see V for 2013. I did not have one appointment, not one! Now it is easy for me to say I was busy and dealing with a lot of stuff. It is all true, but what is equally as true is that I need to see V. So here it is in 2014 I am coming to see you Veronica! I need a style! You chick is coming back to the nest! lol.
- I have said it once, and noticed it again! I am a very handsome man with locs!